Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stumped.

I have no idea why I have such a hard time keeping up with this blog...I mean, everytime I do a training session with Dash I always record our results, so why can't I do the same here?




Anyway, since my last update Dash has completed beginner's obedience. Woohoo! Except for the mnior detail that he is still a pain in the rear. And only listens when he wants. But for now we all blame it on his boy hormones as he is nearing his first birthday and is still intact. But no worries, he already has an appointment with Dr. Whackemoff.

Our next step will be CGC...as much I dislike the AKC and what it promotes, I just want to prove to myself that I can get that certificate. For me it always seemed like such a faraway thing, something that only 'cool' dogs could achieve. But we're cool dammit, and we're going to get one!

We are still training for flyball and agility, and before I forget here is a link to a recent flyball tourney I attended:


Click here!


This is (hopefully!) the team Dash and I will be competing with. They are a bunch of wonderful people who make everything fun...you never feel pressured if you're dog doesn't learn something right away. It's part of the reason I love training with this group!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment