Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ruff Love & Rough Love.

Dash visited Dr. Whackemoff this past Tuesday, and boy was he mad at me!

When I picked him up from the vet's office he was still immensely drugged and to be quite honest, I was thinking "Well, this is quite nice!"


He slept the entire afternoon and when he wasn't sleeping, he was glaring at me.

Thankfully he has since forgiven me and while I was horribly worried that he wouldn't be his same neurotic self after his neuter, he is still my insane-bouncing-off-the-walls boy.

But his neuter wasn't the point of this point (although that was rough love!), this book by Susan Garrett is:


I've had this book since Dasher was a puppy and while I have skimmed it, I have never sat down and read it. In a nutshell: It's a relationship building program that will intensify your dogs drive to work with you.

I think it's a fantastic read and there are many DUH! moments where you simply can't figure out 'Why didn't I think of this before?!' Dash and I will be beginning the program next Tuesday or Wednesday...Why, you may ask, not today?

Because my wonderful, crazy, beast of a dog is muddy. <3

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment