Sunday, May 8, 2011

CGC Class #2.

This last week we worked the same things as the first class, except this time we paid great attention to details.

When I first looked over the CGC text material (before signing up for this class) I thought we had it in the bag. Ha! Distractions are Dash's weakness and boy are there a lot of them at class.

New people = distraction
New dogs = distraction
Dog whining = distraction
Agility equipment = distraction

All of these things hold more value than I do...which is sad, but it's my own fault. I take the blame entirely but I hope I can become his 'cookie' in the near future.

Working on:

Heel- Dog at your side and keeps pace with you. Turn in left/right circles and praise him for keeping up with you. I would give Dash a B.

Sit/Stay
-Dog sit/stays beside you while stranger approaches. Dash does it 2 out of 5 times.

Down on Command only-
4 out of 5 times.


-B

1 comment:

  1. Hi there i quite enjoy you blog, it is very interesting. I have just started a blog of my own, I was wondering if you could take a look at it and see what you think, it seems like you have quite a bit of knowledge about blogging

    Thanks
    Hal

    halsadayinthelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete