Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Recallers.

Dash and I are part of this cool online course that 1 or 2 of you may have heard of, Recallers!

One thing that I quickly found out that Recallers is not purely about recalls, rather is focuses on the relationship between human and dog. During the course you play daily games that are fun, easy and quick and as a result of these games, you become your dog's "cookie". So because your dog values you so much, your chooses to come to you over any distraction that may pop up. Hence the name Recallers.

Dash and I took a month off from ALL agility work so we could concentrate solely on our new course. I was afraid that our skills would deteriorate but I really need Dash to be able to look past distractions so we can do our best out there.

So after a month of Recallers here is what babydog can now do:

-Recall away from play with other dogs
-Come with just one command
-Is learning that failure does not = give up.
-Stay in crate while I work with others dogs. No screaming either!
-Confidence in me

These are some MAJOR things for us, and after doing some agility this morning...I can honestly say we have improved greatly. We are more of a team and my teammate is really starting to trust me now.

Here is Dash demonstrating his awesome "It's Yer Choice".

No comments:

Post a Comment